Among all the beverages available all around the world, tea is the most commonly consumed beverage. Tea is also available in different variants. The processing of oxidation of tea leaves defines the taste and colour of the tea. Thus, black tea and green tea is different from one another.
What is green tea?
Green tea is one of a type of tea. It is prepared from the leaves a plant named Camellia sinensis. Green tea leaves have not undergone the process of fermentation and oxidation as done to make black tea. Green tea is made from non-oxidized leaves and so, retains their original flavor, colour and taste. It contains the maximum amount of antioxidants and other beneficial and protective polyphenols.
Green tea is available in pure form as well as blended with other flavours such as lemon, ginger, chocolate, lime, tulsi, etc.
What are the advantages of green tea?
Green tea offers variety of health benefits to us. Some of the benefits of green tea are:
- Green tea reduces cancer risk: Green tea is known for its anti-cancerous properties. Green tea polyphenols can also regulate the functioning of immune system. Studies show that the presence of high level of polyphenols in green tea helps kill cancerous cells and suppress them from growing.
- Green tea and weight loss: In the recent time, green tea is best known healthy beverage that helps to reduce weight. The elevated concentration of polyphenols, also called catechins prevent the accumulation of body fat, as well as increase body temperature so more calories can be burn. Several studies have suggested that the flavonoids and caffeine content of green tea can be helpful in elevating metabolic rate, increase fat oxidation and even improve insulin activity.
- Green tea improves heart health: According to one study, it can lower the bad cholesterol level which is responsible for many heart diseases. It contains antioxidants that help to prevent heart attacks and other cardiovascular complications.
- Regulation of blood pressure: Green tea is also helpful in regulating the blood pressure level.
- Enhancing metabolic activities: Green tea enhances the functioning of metabolic system of the body, thus regulating the sugar level as well. It helps to regulate the glucose level in the body and reduces the chances of diabetes.
- In boosting immunity: The components of green tea play a major role in boosting the immunity of the body. The oxidants and radicals present in green tea strengthen immunity. Studies also revealed that green tea is effective in suppressing the risk of autoimmune diseases.
- Green tea and caffeine content: People always wondered does green tea contains caffeine or not? Beverages like coffee and tea are known to have a huge amount of caffeine content in them. On the other hand, green tea contains caffeine in very less amount, thus promoting the good brain health. It is also advantageous in the prevention of many brain related problems like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Green tea for glowing skin: The antioxidants in green tea play a major role in enhancing the good, glowing and healthy skin. The use of green tea also cures the puffiness of the eyes. It clears dark circles and makes the skin glowing and posses a great anti-ageing effect. Green tea with honey is a flawless face mask for skin that cleanses your skin makes it wrinkle free, acne free glowing and also improves the skin texture.
- Green tea as anti-depression pill: Green tea stimulates the release of serotonin and dopamine which are known to fight against depression. It also contributes in releasing stress and anxiety.
Some other health benefits of green tea includes protection against sunburn, improvement in digestion, prevention in tooth decay, improves energy levels, etc.
Side effects of green tea
On one hand if green tea has huge health benefits, the other way green tea has some side effects as well. Consumption of high doses of green tea can cause you headache, sleeping disturbances, nervousness, vomiting, dizziness, nausea, etc. Consumption of high doses of green tea is not recommended to pregnant women and breast feeding mothers. These may be due to the caffeine present in green tea.
What can be the side effects of green tea; still it is a best and refreshing drink to all of us.
So rush fast to order your favorite tea flavor at our online tea shop teaGraft. Book an order of variety of green tea online at https://teagraft.com